PDA

View Full Version : ANNO 1404.

Mario
14th November 2009, 08:21 PM
Here is the official ANNO 1404 (http://anno.uk.ubi.com/pc/) readme file.

README

ANNO 1404

Thank you for purchasing “ANNO 1404”. In this document you will find some general information about the game, including some advice you won’t find in the manual, due to last minute changes.

CONTENTS

1. Getting Started

2. Hardware Requirements

3. Important Information

4. Additional Information

5. Technical Support

6. Tages (Copyprotection) FAQ

7. Copyright

1. GETTING STARTED

Installation

Please insert the DVD into the DVD drive of your computer and follow the instructions on the Autorun screen. If the Autorun does not start automatically, double click on “setup.exe” in the drive’s directory.

Then follow the instructions of the installer. We recommend you close all other programs for the duration of the installation process.

Starting the game
If you are starting the game using Windows XP, double click on the “ANNO 1404” icon on your desktop.
If you are using Windows VISTA, please open the Game explorer and double click on the “ANNO 1404” icon.

Main Menu

Quickstart/Load last Savegame: If there is no SaveGame available, the first mission of the campaign will be started. After a SaveGame is available, the button will switch to “Load last Savegame” and the last saved game will be loaded.

Endlessgame: Here you are able to start an endless game.

Campaign: Here you are able to start the campaign.

Scenarios: Here you are able to start one of the 6 Scenarios.

Load Game: Here you are able to start one of your saved games.

Gateway to the World: Here you are able to access all Web-Features of ANNO 1404, sharing Screenshots, Savegames, etc. with others or just simply view and compare things from other players all over the world.

Options: Here you are able to adjust different graphics- and game options.

Player Profile: Here you are able to create your own profile. Furthermore you’re able to examine your achievements and event unlock bonus material.

2. HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
· CPU: 3 GHz Intel Pentium®4 or similar
· RAM: 1 GB RAM
· GPU: DirectX® 9.0c compatible mit 128 MB with Shader 2.0
· Minimum disc space: 6 GB
· DVD-ROM: Only needed for installation
· Soundcard: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
· DirectX®: Version 9.0c
· Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard

RECOMMENDED:
· OS: Windows XP (SP 3), Windows XP (64-bit), Windows Vista (SP1), Windows Vista (64-bit)
· CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E4600 (2,4 GHz) or AMD Athlon64x2 4800+ (2,5Ghz)
· RAM: 2 GB RAM
· GPU: DirectX® 9.0c compatible mit 512 MB with Shader 3.0
· Minimum disc space: 6 GB
· DVD-ROM: Only needed for installation
· Soundkarte: DirectX® 9.0c compatible
· DirectX®: Version 9.0c
· Input Devices: Mouse, Keyboard

MISCELLANEOUS
· Older Graphic Cards (using Shader 2.0) may cause performance problems and do not offer the best solution to really enjoy ANNO 1404

SUPPORTED GPUs

Desktop
NVIDIA: (SE/GE/GS/GT/GTS/GTO/GTX/GTX+/GX2)
NVIDIA GeForce FX 59x0
NVIDIA GeForce 6100/6150/6200/6250/6500/6600/6610/6700/6800
NVIDIA GeForce 7100/7200/7300/7350/7500/7600/7650/7800/7900/7950
NVIDIA GeForce 8200/8300/8400/8500/8600/8800
NVIDIA GeForce 9200/9300/9400/9500/9600/9800
NVIDIA GeForce 120/130/140
NVIDIA GeForce 250/260/275/280/285/295

ATI Radeon:
ATI Radeon 9600/9700/9800
ATI Radeon X300/X550/X600/X700/X800/X850
ATI Radeon X1050/X1300/X1550/X1600/X1650/X1800/X1900/X1950
ATI Radeon HD2400/HD2600/HD2900
ATI Radeon HD3400/HD3450/HD3650/HD3600/HD3850/HD3870
ATI Radeon HD4300/HD4350/HD4550/HD4500/HD4600/HD4650/HD4830/HD4850/HD4870/HD4890

Mobile:
NVIDIA: (SE/G/GE/GS/GT/GTS/GTX)
GeForce Go 7950/Go 7900/Go 7800/Go 7700/Go 7600/Go 7400/Go 7300/Go 7200/7150M/7000M
GeForce 8800M/8700M/8600M/8400M/8200M
GeForce 9800M/9700M/9650M/9600M/9500M/9400M/9300M/9300M/9200M/9100M
GeForce 160M/130M/120M/110M/107M/105M/103M/102M
GeForce 260M/280M

Radeon:
Mobility Radeon 9600/9700/9800
Mobility Radeon X300/X600/X700/X800
Mobility Radeon X1300/X1350/X1400/X1450/X1600/X1700/X1800/X1900
Mobility Radeon X2300/HD2300/HD2400/HD2600
Mobility Radeon X3100/X3200

3. IMPORTANT INFORMATION

You will find the most recent information about “ANNO 1404“ at http://anno.uk.ubi.com/. For additional help or questions please contact our customer support.

Adobe® Reader® is needed to open the manual. You will find the latest version at: www.adobe.com/de/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have the latest drivers for your hardware installed. You will find the latest video card drivers at NVIDIA’s (www.nvidia.com) or ATI’s (www.ati.com) official website.

You should install the following Hotfix for Windows Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940105.

If you’re using an AMD Athlon™ 64/FX processor, please make sure you have the latest drivers for Windows XP installed. You will find them here: www.amd.com.

4. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Once ANNO 1404 is started, a second process, Anno4Web.exe, is started in the background.
This process is responsible for the communication between ANNO 1404 and the Ubisoft servers. All tasks to up- and download screenshots and/or savegames will be handled by this process.
The game does not need to stay open to finish these tasks and can be closed without concerns. This second process handles the tasks autonomous and will close itself after finishing its tasks.

5. TECHNICAL SUPPORT

If you experience difficulties playing your Ubisoft game please contact our 24 hour on-line solution centre at http://support.ubi.com first. Our Support team can be reached on 0871 664 1000 (National Rate) from 11am-8pm Mon-Fri (excluding bank holidays).

PC Game:
If you are experience difficulties running your pc game please contact our support teams first, when calling us please ensure you are situated at your pc with the game installed to enable us to troubleshoot for you.

Alternatively if contacting us by web-mail please attach your operating system file (dxdiag) to your incident so that we are aware of your system specification.
If your screen is returning to desktop, freezing with jerky graphics or error messages we will need to see your operating system file as there may be a discrepancy between your operating system and the required game specifications.

To find your Dxdiag file
Windows XP: To open your DirectXDiagnostic tool go to: Start – Run –type dxdiag in the white box, select OK to save for your information.
Windows Vista: go to Start, type dxdiag in the search bar to locate the file.
Save this file to a convenient place on your pc and send as an attachment when contacting us by web-mail.

If you need any help with this at all please call our support team for assistance where one of our agents will be pleased to help you.

Faulty Game:
If you believe your game is faulty please contact our support team before returning your product to the retailer. A discrepancy between your operating system and the required game specification can result in:

Damaged Game:
If your game is damaged at purchase please return to your retailer with a valid receipt for advice on replacement.

If your receipt has expired and you are within the 90 day warranty period please contact Ubisoft support team for verification

Please note that we do not offer hints & tips at our technical support centre, these can usually be found free of charge on the internet.

6. TAGES (Copyprotection) FAQ

If you are experiencing issues with the TAGES online activation, please visit the following site for support and troubleshooting:
http://www.tagesprotection.com/activation.htm

PRODUCT ACTIVATION FAQ

Q: What exactly is product activation?
A: When you first start the game you purchased, you will be asked to enter a valid activation serial. The activation serial is printed usually on the back of the manual or on a sticker attached to the jewel case for disc retail products. Digital Download stores usually send the serial by email or display the info in the customer account on their website. For the activation process, the serial and a hash value of your PC configuration will then be sent via an Internet connection to the activation server. The activation server responds with the activation code. After your PC was successfully activated, no Internet connection is required anymore.
Q: Why did you choose product activation as copy protection?
A: Product activation is the most user-friendly form of copy protection. Keeping the original disc in the drive is not necessary and there can also be no hardware issues with original disc detection. You can much more easily play on your notebook while mobile once you activated your game. You don’t have to travel with the game disc. It is also possible to make backup copies of the original game disc.
Q: How often can I activate my game?
A: Usually you can activate your game on initially three different PC configurations - after those activations are used up you can simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed - please see the contact details.
Q: Why is there an initial activation limit?
A: The overwhelming number (more than 90%) of sold games are only installed and played by customers on a single PC. For the other cases we offer the support to increase the number of activations when needed. A limit on activations is needed as a copy protection method.
Q: What changes to my PC require a new activation?
A: A PC configuration in the view of the activation system consists of the major hardware and software components of your computer – including the operating system, CPU, mainboard and system hard disc. Minor changes like replacing the graphics card, connecting an additional disc or adding more memory to the PC do not change the PC configuration and reactivation is not needed.
Q: I have activated already on three different PC configurations – can I get more activations?
A: Yes. In case more activations are needed, you can always simply contact the support team – please see the contact details.
Q: Why is there no revocation tool?
A: Revocation would only work from an already activated PC and is technically limited. In case you had to reinstall your operating system, revocation would not be possible. You can always simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed.
Q: What happens in the unlikely event of the publisher and/or the protection company stopping the support for the game? What happens if the activation servers are turned off?
A: In such a case a patch for the game will be released that removes the activation protection.
Q: What data is transferred from my PC during online activation?
A: Only an encrypted hash value calculated from the PC configuration and the activation serial is sent to the activation server. No personal data is ever transmitted by the activation system.
Q: Can I rent my game in video stores?
A: Depends on the game. Most likely commercial renting of games with online activation protection has not been permitted by the game’s publisher.
Q: Do I need to reactivate the game on the same PC after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game?
A: On the same PC configuration you do not need to reactivate. The activation data for the game is stored in the folder addressed by CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Tages (this translates for example usually to C:\ProgramData\Tages for Windows Vista). The game uninstaller does not remove the activation data.
Q: How often can I activate my game on the same PC?
A: As often as you want - as long as the PC configuration remains the same.
Q: I often re-install my operating system. Do I have to activate each time I do this?
A: After every new installation of the operating system you must reactivate the game. If the PC configuration has not changed (including the disc partition the OS is installed on) no new activation token will be used up for reactivation as the activation server will receive the same hash value. You can also make a backup of the CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA\Tages folder and restore it on your unchanged PC configuration.
Q: Can I install and activate my game on my second PC or notebook?
A: Please see the end-user license agreement (that is usually displayed when you install the game) for details. Usually you can install your game on more than one PC, but are allowed to only play on one at a time. This means you are usually also not allowed to play in online multiplayer matches with the same serial more than exactly once.

7. COPYRIGHT

ANNO™1404 © 2009 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft, Ubi.Com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. ANNO, ANNO 1404, Sunflowers and Sunflowers logo are trademarks of Sunflowers GmbH in the U.S. and/or other countries. Sunflowers GmbH is a Ubisoft Entertainment company. Produced by Blue Byte GmbH, Developed by Related Designs GmbH, All rights reserved.