View Single Post
Old 16th March 2015, 05:57 AM   #2
Mario
Special Guest

Arrow Re: Hungry Jack's Karawara. (2015 Opening.)

Here are three more pictures from Google Earth and Street View to illustrate how small this place really is. Looking at the second picture, you can clearly see that they are turning, what is basically a two car garage, into a Hungry Jack's. The third picture illustrates a typical moment during the day, in the life of the Shell petrol station. I don't yet know which way the cars will be entering Hungry Jack's from, but I must assume it will be from Walanna Drive. Can you imagine how many cars will be lined up along Walanna Drive, waiting to enter the small car feeder this garbage store will have? The more I think about this, the less logical sense it makes. I am starting to think that this Hungry Jack's will not have a drive thru at all. FYI; These Google pictures are several months out of date. In the last few weeks, the local council have added "traffic islands" along Walanna Drive, including right outside the station. Those too, would cause even more issues, including utter gridlock. I think I best make some calls and find out about this store.

This whole thing is crazier still when you realize that the building you see on the right of this petrol station, is a Chicken Treat store, abandoned since 2012. As you can see, whilst still small when compared to typical Hungry Jack's stores, it would be perfect. It already has a drive thru service. Cars enter from the back -near where you can see what looks like a manhole cover- and place their order through a speaker box. They then drive up to the pickup window which is right next to the green tree - the smaller one. Apart from that, the entire store is located on a car park. People can just park and go inside too. Look at all those bays. Why am I even describing this place in detail? It's clear for all to see. Is that building not for sale? Do the owners want too much? Either way, what a joke. A Hungry Jack's store built literally, next to a fucking gas station - fumes and all.

Mario is offline   Reply With Quote