Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► PC Software

► PC Software (Forum related to the discussion of PC software. i.e.: O/S's, programming, web coding, games et al.)

Old 10th August 2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Thumbs up Damnation is a damn fine game. Fuck the arsehole critics.

Damnation is somewhat special to me in that when it was first released, I wasn't much aware of it. I guess the game did not have a very wide local release and it basically flew under the radar. It did not help matters much that it was panned in reviews. If I remember correctly, I think I had some difficulty in trying to obtain the game locally. Ergo, I originally purchased this game (new) from eBay in December 2009 for £9.99. As I always do, I installed the game when I received it and had a quick play. I liked what I saw. That was that.

Fast forward to today, and I started playing this game for good. I'm going to play it each day until I finish it. I'm playing the Steam version which I also got a while back, on the cheap. At $9.99, it's cheap now. If nothing else, I will have an idea how long it takes me to finish it, since Steam keeps track of time played. I have played for about an hour, what I think is the tutorial level, and am really enjoying this game. It's a third-person shooter with acrobatics - basically a Tomb Raider clone. It is too early to tell how things will pan out and weather I'll be able to switch between other characters, but I shall update this thread as necessary. The graphics and sound are very good. The game uses the Unreal engine. The feel of movement can make or brake a third person game. This one passes muster just fine.

Damnation title screen with 2007 copyright date. The game was released on all platforms in 2009. No biggie, just sayin'.

Damnation supports the XBOX 360 controller for Windows. Keyboard and mouse all the way, but it's good to have choice.

Damnation allows key binding as you see fit. It also supports extended mouse buttons. Couldn't ask for more. Perfect.

Damnation has a good variety of graphical settings including V-sync. PC gaming, ahoy. (It uses Unreal Technology.)

In Damnation, you play the gent with the chin scar. Nice touch that. He's obviously heterosexual.

Damnation panders to the PC gaming demographic perfectly. Thank you Blue Omega.

Again, thank you developers. There should will be more such pictures as I progress.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote