Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► PC Software

► PC Software (Forum related to the discussion of PC software. i.e.: O/S's, programming, web coding, games et al.)

Old 29th May 2022, 07:31 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Exclamation GOG Galaxy is a piece of shit!

I "love" GOG - for it's DRM-free games, and not much more. Here is today's "fuck GOG/Galaxy/CD Project Red" situation. I was playing Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 and started the second map for the first time. It's an open level in the forest and the frame rate was jumping wildly between 60ish and 120-144 frames every few seconds. (From past gaming experience, it kind of made sense.) It was unbearable. I, wrongly, thought it was the level/engine at first. I even quit the game after some time and was about to search for others having or describing the same issue. Whilst at the Windows desktop I realized what it might be - instead of the game. It was (is) Galaxy - v2.0.43.71 beta. It's happening only whilst it is downloading offline installers. The garbage Galaxy client uses 95-100% CPU usage during this time. Even Windows tasks slow to a crawl or freeze intermittently. It's beyond a joke, it's crazy. There is no doubt it is the Galaxy client - whilst downloading offline installers. Just pausing it, immediately, fixes the issue. Searching about this topic brings up countless existing such topics/discussions. In conclusion, fuck Galaxy and CD Project Red - the Russophobe scumbag polak shits.

<attach pic here>
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote