Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► PC Hardware

► PC Hardware (Forum related to the discussion of PC hardware. i.e.: CPU's, GPU's, motherboards, RAM et al.)

Old 22nd May 2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Thumbs up Intel Core i7-975, 12GB DDR-3, GTX-480 3DMark benchmarks.

Today, I sold my GTX-480. On the morrow I am getting a GTX-580. Before taking out the 480 I decided to post some benchmarks, for if nothing else, I can then easily compare the two. From what I read about the 580, I should get an average of around 10% increase over the 480, which is something I'd be happy with. The benchmarks were conducted on a "dirty" system, which is to say I did not install a fresh (i.e. clean) copy of Windows for the sole purpose of benchmarking. I used my eight month old Windows 7 install. It's basically pretty lean and clean. There are no issues with it, and, in theory, better represents a more normal benchmark result. The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1. No additional software (ie: AntiVirus) was running during the benchmarking procedure. CPU Turbo Boost disabled.

Mario is offline   Reply With Quote