Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The End Is Nigh > ► Off-topic

► Off-topic (Forum related to the discussion of anything that does not have it's own specific forum. Nothing is off limits.)

Old 14th May 2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Post PayPal's Bill Me Later service.

Do you want to buy now and pay later? Now you can choose Bill Me Later to pay for your PayPal purchases and have flexibility when you pay your bill.

Bill Me Later is subject to credit approval as determined by the lender, WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence. You must pay with Bill Me Later to get the offer. Offer not valid on previous purchases, returns, or exchanges.

What is Bill Me Later?

• A new way to pay for your PayPal purchases
  • It's fast and easy - no credit card to enter and approval just takes seconds
  • Your purchases ship to you now and the bill comes later
  • All of your purchases will appear on one bill whether you buy electronics, home goods, apparel, or other items
  • It's safe - you're covered with "Zero Fraud Liability" Protection
Here’s what you’ll want to know:
  • You'll start with Buying Power of at least $500– not too much, not too little… just what you need. FAQ
  • If you choose to pay over time, the Annual Percentage Rate is 19.99% and the Minimum Interest charge is $2.00. Terms
  • If you happen to pay late you could receive a late fee of up to $35. FAQ

Click here to view the Bill Me Later Terms and Conditions.

Quote:

Bill Me Later® FAQ

How do I start using Bill Me Later?
Just select Bill Me Later as your payment choice when you check out . You'll give your Date of Birth and the last 4 digits of your social security number, accept the terms, and you're done. Approval takes only seconds. Once you've started using Bill Me Later, you'll see it as a payment option when you check out with PayPal.

What if I want to use Bill Me Later every time I check out with PayPal?
During checkout go to the "More Funding Options" page and make Bill Me Later your preferred payment source for future PayPal transactions. Or at any time, log into your PayPal account, click on "Profile", select Bill Me Later then click on update preferences.

Are Bill Me Later and PayPal the same company?
Bill Me Later was acquired by PayPal in November 2008. Both Bill Me Later and PayPal are committed to providing customers with the fastest, most convenient buying experience online.

I saw a Bill Me Later promotion at an online store. Why didn't I see it when I checked out with PayPal?
Many online stores offer exclusive Bill Me Later promotions such as free shipping, dollars off, and more time to pay. To take advantage of those deals, you need to select Bill Me Later directly from the online store. If you choose the Bill Me Later option when checking out with PayPal, you may see a different promotion that is exclusive to PayPal customers.

How do I pay my Bill Me Later bill?
You will receive monthly statements and can choose to pay in full or over time (interest charges apply). For your convenience, you can pay your bill on BillMeLater.com.

Plus, if you use Bill Me Later through PayPal, you can also view your purchases and pay your bill on PayPal.com. Even though your purchases appear in both places, you will only be charged once.

Is there an annual fee to use Bill Me Later?
No. There is no annual fee for using Bill Me Later.

What is the Annual Percentage Rate?
The Annual Percentage Rate is 19.99%. The Minimum Finance Charge is $2.00. Of course, you can choose to pay your entire balance by the payment due date and pay no finance charges.

If I pay late, will there be a fee?
Bill Me Later will charge a late lee for each month a minimum payment is not paid in full by the payment due date on your statement. The amount of the late fee will be the amount of the missed payment, up to $25 the first time you are late. If you're late again, the late fee will be up to $35.

Does Bill Me Later protect me from liability for unauthorized charges?
Yes, Bill Me Later provides "zero fraud liability" protection; the same protection provided by most major credit cards. This means you are not responsible for unauthorized charges. And your identity is validated with top-of-mind information such as date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. This means there is no account number that can be lost or stolen.

Do I have a credit line and how much is it?
Yes. Once you open a Bill Me Later account you will have a credit line, which we call your "buying power".

Once you have completed your first purchase using Bill Me Later, we at WebBank open a Bill Me Later account with buying power equal to the amount of your purchase or $500, which ever is greater. You can now use Bill Me Later to make additional purchases. If those purchases would cause your outstanding balance to go above your buying power, then we will evaluate if you are eligible for more buying power and increase your buying power if you are. This happens seamlessly during the checkout process and you don't need to do anything and it won't slow down your checkout.

On an ongoing basis, your buying power will be either the highest total of balances you have had outstanding on your account at any time or a lower amount of which you have received notice, but will not be less than $500. Here's an example of how this works:
  • If your first purchase using Bill Me Later is $350 dollars, your initial buying power will be $500.
  • If before you pay your first bill you make another purchase for $300, we will adjust your buying power to $650. (if you are eligible for higher buying power)
  • If you then pay off $350 of your first bill, you will have $350 of buying power remaining. If you want to make another purchase using Bill Me Later for more than $350, we will increase your buying power again (if you are eligible for higher buying power).
You can always continue to make additional purchases up to your outstanding buying power, and we will consider increasing your buying power when your purchase goes above it.

What does Subject to Credit Approval mean?
Bill Me Later is a credit account that you can use to make purchases. WebBank will review and consider your credit report and other credit related information prior to opening your account and establishing your buying power. Creditworthiness is determined by WebBank. This process happens in a matter of seconds as part of the Bill Me Later checkout process. Once you are a Bill Me Later customer, you can rely on your buying power to make purchases. If you make a purchases that would cause your outstanding balance to go above your buying power, we will review your credit history and history with Bill Me Later to instantly determine whether to increase your buying power.

Do you check my credit report every time I make a purchase?
No, we pull a credit report on your first purchase and occasionally when you ask us to increase your buying power. We do periodically get updates to this report but these updates have no impact on your credit score. We review your account quarterly. If for any reason we reduce your buying power, we will notify you in writing of the reason.

How do I increase my Buying Power with Bill Me Later?
You increase your buying power by attempting a purchase that is above your buying power, We will treat that as a request to increase your buying power. We will take into account your credit history and history with Bill Me Later to instantly increase your buying power if you are eligible. This happens seamlessly during the checkout process and you don't need to do anything and it won't slow down your checkout.

Where else can I use Bill Me Later?
Bill Me Later is available at thousands of online stores that accept PayPal. It is also available on eBay and exclusively on thousands of other online stores that accept Bill Me Later.

The Company:
Founded in 2000, Bill Me Later was acquired by eBay Inc. in 2008. Bill Me Later is a PayPal company headquartered in Timonium, MD with additional offices in Hunt Valley, MD and San Francisco, CA. Bill Me Later is offered through WebBank, Salt Lake City, Utah.

About PayPal:
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows members to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With more than 81 million active accounts in 190 markets and 24 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay company and is made up of three leading online payment services: the PayPal global payment service, the Payflow Gateway and Bill Me Later. The company's open payment platform, PayPal X, allows developers to build innovative payment applications on multiple platforms and devices. More information about the company can be found at paypal.com.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote