Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► All you can eat

► All you can eat (Forum related to the discussion of all things culinary. i.e.: recipes, diets, restaurant reviews et al.)

Old 6th July 2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Angry Chicken Treat, you've done it again.

Yesterday whilst at Chicken Treat something happened. What happened was that as usual, I paid by credit card. Then the young girl asks, as always, "pin or sign?", so I tell her "credit" - several times. I then inform her that it's the original way, which is to sign and mumble why she and others keep asking this every time, even though they already know it's credit¹. And I think this may have angered her. So she goes back into the kitchen area where I can not see her, where in general she has no business being. (Just stay at the cashier taking orders and whatnot.) Seconds later two young boys peek their heads out near the wall and look at me, strangely. The girl comes out and I see them talking hurriedly whilst glancing at me again. By now I'm wondering what the fuck ? ...what are they plotting ? So when, in another unusual step, one of the boys brings me my order I know it's compromised. Why him ? Why not the girl - who is supposed to do it ? I immediately tell him I want my money back. He looks perplexed and asks why. I suggest to him that they have probably done "something" to my order, that I saw them acting "strange" - as if they were plotting something. I suggested that they spat or did "something" to my order. As soon as I made my suggestion about the conspiracy, he had this huge smile and denied they did anything. His coy, wicked smile confirmed the sabotage - right there and then. I told him my order was probably compromised and that I wanted my money back. He got the "manager", a young ruffian who assured me that no shenanigans took place. I dismissed his assurance and demanded my money back - which I got. Of course now this incident has made it so I can not go back there for several years, until all those involved are no longer there. And that's OK - this has happened before. An inconvenience sure, but as the French say:"C'est la vie".

¹ I am aware that in recent times it is now possible to have a pin on a credit account. But this is a fairly recent change and credit has up to that point always been verified by a signature. Vendors should just assume credit accounts require a signature, and if a pin is indeed required, then, they ask for it to be entered.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 06:33 PM   #2
Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Maniac
Default Re: Chicken Treat, you've done it again.

Mate, you crazed son of a motherless goat, nowadays when using credit cards they are able to have a pin number assigned to them for a higher level of security. I ask this question several times a day and while most people still prefer to sign for purchases made with their credit cards, there has been a steady increase of people using pin numbers. You need to relax nigger, I mean sheeeeet, if you use your credit card regularly I am amazed that this is the first time you have been asked. At my work we received a communicae from our EFTPOS provider informing us of the new fangle, fancy schmancy security feature....which of course isn;t new at all.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Mario
Special Guest

Thumbs down Re: Chicken Treat, you've done it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
...nowadays when using credit cards they are able to have a pin number assigned to them...
Ah, excuse me!! I know this - and have made it very clear by using the footnote. Do you know what a footnote is ? So your comment is actually, in my opinion, pretty useless. You're preaching to the converted.

Quote:
...while most people still prefer to sign for purchases made with their credit cards...
Exactly! So vendors should assume a signature will be used for credit card purchases and default to that "setting". If a pin is required, they will know about it. Look, you schmuck, this is the same irritating bullshit that happens at shop checkouts. "Do you have flybuys ?". I just want to shout at them :"FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING FLYBUYS!!!". Enough already.

Quote:
...if you use your credit card regularly I am amazed that this is the first time you have been asked...
It's not - obviously. But it's getting fucking annoying. Stop fucking asking already!! And that's the whole point - this only just started happening reasonably recently. Maybe they too, were told to ask every time. I don't like it.
Old 18th April 2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Mario
Special Guest

Red face Re: Chicken Treat, you've done it again.

Quick Update: I have recently started frequenting this Chicken Treat store. As I expected, the previous staff (comprised of kids) are gone.
Old 24th December 2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Mario
Special Guest

Arrow Re: Chicken Treat, you've done it again.

Well, well, well... This store is closing down.