Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► PC Software

► PC Software (Forum related to the discussion of PC software. i.e.: O/S's, programming, web coding, games et al.)

Old 6th January 2011, 06:03 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Post Battle.net Account FAQ

Q: What is a Battle.net Account?

A: Battle.net uses a centralized account system that lets players manage all of their Blizzard Entertainment games, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and future games, in one place without having to remember multiple sets of login information. Create a Battle.net account

Q: What is Battle.net?

A: Battle.net is a full-featured online game service designed specifically around Blizzard Entertainment titles, and includes a complete set of around-the-game features including a state-of-the-art matchmaking system, achievement system, social networking features, structured competitive play options, a marketplace, and much more.

Q: What can I do with a Battle.net Account?

A: Battle.net Accounts are required to log in to Blizzard games including World of Warcraft and StarCraft II. Logging in to Battle.net also allows you to manage purchases at the online Blizzard Store, keep track of CD keys for your Blizzard Entertainment games, access our websites (such as the World of Warcraft Armory), keep in touch with real life friends using Real ID, opt in to upcoming beta tests, and more using a single login – just your email address and a password.

Q: Do I need to open or forward a specific port on my router or firewall to log in to World of Warcraft or StarCraft II using my Battle.net account?

A: Yes, you may need to open an additional port (1119) to log in to Blizzard Entertainment games. In order to accommodate certain Battle.net features such as cross-game chat when using Real ID, Battle.net accounts need to use a different port from each of our games, including World of Warcraft. Presently, the Battle.net account system communicates using port 1119, though it uses both the TCP and UDP protocols. For more information on these or other technical questions, visit the tech support forums. We’ve set aside port 1119 with the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (www.iana.org) specifically for use with the Battle.net login system. A full listing of ports and who has registered them can be found at http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers. For more information on configuring your router for use with Blizzard games, visit http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=21073.

Q: Why do I need to merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account to be able to log in to the game?

A: We have completely overhauled Battle.net to offer a more user-friendly, more consistent, and more fun online experience for Blizzard gamers. Improved matchmaking systems, leagues and ladders, purchase and play functionality for our game titles, and the optional RealID feature are all benefits of the next-generation Battle.net service. When we first introduced the new service, we asked World of Warcraft players to create a Battle.net Account to house their World of Warcraft licenses as well as any additional Blizzard licenses they may currently hold. Because all our games going forward will be supported through Battle.net, players must now authenticate with a Battle.net account in order to play World of Warcraft and use the related services. Merge your World of Warcraft account

Q: Where can I find more information about Battle.net Account security?

A: For related information and security advice, please visit http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=26328.

Q: What happens if I change my email address?

A: If you change your primary email address in Battle.net Account Management, the Battle.net Account name will change automatically, and you will log in using the updated email address. All of your game associations and online Blizzard Store purchases will stay linked to the account, and you will not have to create a new account or repurchase any games.

Q: How do I log in to the Blizzard Entertainment forums?

A: To access the World of Warcraft forums, you need to log in using your Battle.net Account. After doing so, you will be able to select the World of Warcraft character you wish to use to post. To access the classic Battle.net forums (including the existing StarCraft II and Diablo III forums there), you will continue to log in as you have in the past.

Q: Is there a subscription fee or a creation fee?

A: No, there is no subscription or creation fee for creating a Battle.net Account.

Q: Do Battle.net Accounts include parental controls?

A: Our Parental Controls provide parents and guardians with easy-to-use tools to set up rules for World of Warcraft play time and manage access to Blizzard Entertainment games in a way that fits your family’s situation. For more information, visit https://us.battle.net/account/parent...ols/index.html.
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote