Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► PC Software

► PC Software (Forum related to the discussion of PC software. i.e.: O/S's, programming, web coding, games et al.)

Old 17th December 2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Exclamation How to bypass the NBA 2K13 (PC) MyPLAYER account requirement?

If you have the PC version of the basketball game NBA 2K13, the first and only screen/option you see and can access after loading the game, is an age check box for a MyPLAYER account. This stage can not be skipped. When I first got the retail disc version, I assumed that starting with this version, they (2K Sports) would force people to have a MyPLAYER account. If you enter a birth date that makes you old enough, which I initially did -albeit fake- it then asked for my username and password to be able to log in. I have no MyPLAYER account. I do not want one. I just wanted to play the fucking game by myself on my PC. So I was swearing like a sailor, thinking how these cunts are now forcing people to tie the game to an online feature even for single player. Turns out, they are not - technically. If you enter a birth date that makes you obviously too young, that, I assume by law, let's you skip the MyPLAYER bullshit, and proceeds to load the game's main menu, just like all previous NBA 2K versions have before this. Not very consumer friendly at all, and I have to wonder how long before a new version will force people to us a MyPLAYER account or at least tie the game to an online system. Stupid bastards. I myself had to find out about this method from an .nfo, of all places. Why? Because, being "honest", I entered a fake but "old enough" date. When doing that, your only option is to log in or quit. PC gaming is indeed "doomed".

The first and only screen/option you get when NBA 2K13 (PC) loads.

Enter a date that makes you very young, and continue..

..and you get this.

This is the screen people should see to begin with. Fuck you 2K Sports and your MyACCOUNT bullshit.

Mario is offline   Reply With Quote