Mario's World Forums  

Go Back   Mario's World Forums > The Rest > ► Readme Corner

► Readme Corner (Forum related to the archiving of official readme files for PC games.)

Closed Thread

Old 4th June 2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Mario
Special Guest

Post Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Here is the official Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. readme file.

Quote:
Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™

v1.0

9/01/09

Thank you for purchasing Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed™. We hope you enjoy our product. This file is intended to be read before installation of the product and to be used in case of any problems encountered during use.

Table of Contents:

(1) System Requirements

(i) PC Minimum System Requirements

(2) Installation Instructions

(i) PC Install

(3) Removal Instructions

(i) Windows® XP Removal

(ii) Windows Vista® Removal

(4) Notes

(i) Software Updates

(ii) Game Performance, Optimization, and Options

(5) Technical Support Contact Information

(1) System Requirements

(i) PC Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista® SP2. Windows® 7

CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2 5200+)

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Hard Drive: 25 GB + 1 GB Swap File

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Video Card: 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required – 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 256 MB Video Memory with Shader 3.0 support

Video Card (ATI): Radeon™ HD 2600

Video Card (Nvidia®): Geforce® 8600

Disc Drive: 8X DVD-ROM drive

Peripherals: Windows® XP/Windows Vista® compatible mouse and keyboard or Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Notice: This product does NOT support Windows® 95/98/ME/2000/NT.

RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ X2 Dual-Core 6000+

Video Card: 512 MB 3D Hardware Accelerator Card

Video Card (Nvidia®): Geforce® 9800 GT

Memory: 2 GB RAM

NOTICE: Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX compatibility.

SUPPORTED DESKTOP CHIPSETS:

- ATI Radeon™ HD 2600

- ATI Radeon™ HD 2900

- ATI Radeon™ HD 3650

- ATI Radeon™ HD 3690

- ATI Radeon™ HD 3850

- ATI Radeon™ HD 3870

- ATI Radeon™ HD 4550

- ATI Radeon™ HD 4650

- ATI Radeon™ HD 4850

- ATI Radeon™ HD 4870

- ATI Radeon™ HD 4890

- Nvidia® Geforce® 8600

- Nvidia® Geforce® 8800

- Nvidia® Geforce® 9400

- Nvidia® Geforce® 9500

- Nvidia® Geforce® 9600

- Nvidia® Geforce® 9800

- Nvidia® Geforce® 250

- Nvidia® Geforce® 260

- Nvidia® Geforce® 275

- Nvidia® Geforce® 280

- Nvidia® Geforce® 285

- Nvidia® Geforce® 295

Notice: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some disk and virtual disk drives.

(2) Installation Instructions

(i) PC Install

1. Insert the Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ PC Install/Play DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.

2. Select Install from the window that pops up. If the window does not appear, you can bring it up by going to My Computer and double-clicking the Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ DVD icon.

3. Follow the step-by-step instructions. The installer will install the game to your machine in the location you request.

4. Once Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ is installed, leave the Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ Install/Play DVD in your DVD-ROM drive, as it is required to play this title.

5. To play the game, double-click the shortcut that has been placed on your desktop or select the Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ icon that appears in your start menu under Programs/Aspyr/Star Wars: The Force Unleashed or Star Wars: The Force Unleashed in the Games Explorer and press Play (Windows Vista® only).

(3) Removal Instructions

(i) Windows® XP Removal

1. Open up the Control Panel.

2. Launch Add or Remove Programs.

3. Select Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™.

4. Click Change/Remove and follow the on-screen instructions.

5. Uninstalling Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ does not remove your savegame data and configuration preferences. If you wish to remove them, delete the folders located at C:\Documents and Settings\*CURRENT USER*\My Documents\Aspyr\Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and C:\Documents and Settings\*CURRENT USER*\Local Settings\Application Data\Aspyr\Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

(ii) Windows Vista® Removal

1. Open up the Control Panel.

2. Launch Programs and Features.

3. Select Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™.

4. Click Uninstall and follow the on-screen instructions.

5. Uninstalling Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ does not remove your savegame data and configuration preferences. If you wish to remove them, delete the folders located at C:\Users\*CURRENT USER*\Documents\Aspyr\Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and C:\Users\*CURRENT USER*\AppData\Local\Aspyr\Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

(4) Notes

(i) Software Updates

For the latest up to date information on the PC version of Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™, please visit Aspyr Media's website at http://www.aspyr.com/

(ii) Game Performance, Optimization, and Options

To get the best possible Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™ performance on your computer, please try the following optimization steps:

- End all other active applications running on your PC before launching Star Wars ®: The Force Unleashed ™. This is especially true for any 3rd party instant messaging applications. It is known that receiving messages while playing may interfere with your gameplay experience.

- The game will display video resolutions that are valid at 60 Hz refresh rate.

(5) Aspyr Technical Support

If you are having problems installing or using this software, we want to help. You should read through the manual and the Readme file on the DVD before contacting Aspyr Technical Support. Please ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements that are listed on the bottom of the box. Our Technical Support representatives will not be able to help customers whose computers do not meet these requirements. So that we can better help you, please have the following information ready:

- Complete product title

- Exact error message reported (if any)

- A brief description of the problem

- Your computer’s processor type and speed (i.e. Pentium D 3.0 GHz, Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, etc.)

- Amount of RAM (MB, GB)

- Make and model of your video card (ATI, Nvidia)

- Speed of your DVD-ROM drive (16x, etc.)

- Operating System (Mac OS 10.4, Windows® XP + Service Pack 2, Windows® Vista, etc.)

Contact us over the Internet:

To register your copy of this game please go to http://www.aspyr.com/register/.

If, after reviewing all the known issues in this Readme file, you are still having difficulties, please visit our online technical support page at http://support.aspyr.com/, and click on the "Browse Knowledgebase" link. If your problem is not currently listed under "Game Issues", then please gather all information regarding the problem, including attempts to resolve the problem, error messages, and computer specifications and open a support ticket located at http://support.aspyr.com. This form will then be sent to Aspyr Media Technical Support.

Contact us by Phone:

You can also contact us by phone by calling (512) 708-8100. Note that this number is for technical assistance only. No hints or tips will be given out over the Technical Support line. When calling our Technical Support line, please make sure you are in front of your computer and prepared to provide all necessary information about your computer.

Contact us by Mail:

Aspyr Media, Inc.

P.O. Box 5861

Austin, TX 78763-5861

Closed Thread